Thursday, August 26, 2021

Papad Rolls With Fried Potatoes And Capsicum

 VSSS..Vishwa Seva Sindhi Sangam are celebrating 'International Papad Day' on 27th August by bonding our culture on common platform.

I am happy to share a bit of my memories and recipe of Papad Rolls with Fried Potatoes and Capsicum.


I have a very fond memories of my childhood when I lived with my Amma (my maternal grandmom) she would regularly invite her friends at her home in the afternoons and have papad making activity. She would give me too a small dough and ask me to roll out the papad. She would always instruct me to roll on the sides to make a perfect circle. I would help in spreading the papads on a sheet for drying in the sun. The papads would be stored in huge steel containers. There are normally two methods of serving papads..deep fried or roasted. It was practical solution of serving papad and chai to the guests, specially when there were no biscuits or toast at home..
Papads got more common when they started serving in restaurants as 'Masala Papad' that was simply deep fried papad topped with onions tomatoes and masalas. Later people made innovative snacks and now they even cook it.


I have one recipe on papad in my book called
#SindhiCuisine. I decided to make something different this time, something that I have never made before. So I went into my kitchen, deep fried long strips of potatoes, cut strips of capsicum and stuffed them into papad rolls. This was secured with a string and deep fried. A gravy was made of garlic, ginger, chillies, curds and dry masalas and papad rolls were cooked in this gravy and the result was a very tasty papad rolls gravy. Do watch my recipe and do try it..you will love it...surely...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

p1

Thank you for your appreciation