Tuesday, October 1, 2019

The German Cuisine On #WildAsparagusTable- Version Three


What do Germans eat? 

That was the first question that popped on my mind when this month theme #GermanPotluck was announced. I have never been to Germany and from the little that I knew I thought that the German eat only breads, cakes, sausages, potatoes and drink lots of beer.. But over the month of discussions with my foodie friends, foodbloggers and homechefs- and some virtual research on the net, I began to understand that the Germans appreciate food that is healthy, well prepared and served with care. Its cuisine is influenced by its neighboring cities like France and Italy and it is a culinary delight waiting to be explored.



My foodie friends are also very adventurous. They were willing to research the food culture and try out new dishes.The dishes that were prepared were outstanding and such large variety food is difficult to find even in an authentic German restaurant.

Don’t believe me???

This was the variety of dishes prepared at our #WildAsperagusTable that was held at #Gymkhana91 last Saturday lunch.



Name:Shital Kakad
Insta: ShitalKakad
Dish: KartoffelWaffleln, German Potato Waffles (Eggfree)

Name:Aruna Shetty
Insta:@kitchenshetty
Dish: German Sourdough bread

Name: Mahrukh Noshir Mogrelia
Dish: Sauerbraten (Mutton Roast)

Name: Pratiba
Dish: Cheese platter




Name:Salloni Malkani
Insta:@Sallonim2
Dish: Baked cauliflower


Name: Anjali Bhargava
Insta:Anjbhargava
Dish: Paprika sahane Hähnchen ( Paprika Cream Chicken )

Name: Renuka Nadkarni
Insta: just.a.pinchofsalt
Dish: Kartoffelsalat / German potato salad

 Name: Moumita
Insta: moumita0904
Dish: Pan fried sweet potato with eggs & chicken sausage)                          




Name: Aarthi Basrur
Insta: aarthi.b.gastronomic_flight
Dish: Krautwickel / Kohlrouladen (German Cabbage Roll) veg

Name: Binal Valand
Insta: binal_valand
Dish: käse spätzle (contains egg)

Name: Indrani Sen
Insta:indraniwillteach
Dish: schupfnudel (potato gnocchi) maultaschen(flour dumplings stuffed with minced lamp and spinach)

Name: Shilpa Seth Bhambri
Insta:@shilpasethbhambri
Dishes: Gurkensalat - German Cucumber Salad and
Herrencreme-Sweetened mousse



Name:  Ananya Banerjee
Insta: chefananyabanerjee
Dishes: Konigsberger Klopse(German Meatballs) and Butterkuchen


Name: Bimba Nayak
Insta:@BimbaNayak
Dish: German Cookies

Name: Shivani Vakil Savant
Insta: @TheOddHourKitchen
Dish: Marmorkuchen (marble cake)

Name:Ketaki Likhite
Insta: @whiskandvanilla
Dish: Apple Cake (versunkener apfelkuchen)





Name:Manisha Talim
Insta: @sugarsnapmumbai
Dish: Linsen Eintopf ...German Lentil Soup with Chicken Broth and Pork Sausages


The first word I learnt was Eintoph (meat and vegetable stew). Dr Manisha Talim takes me down to ‘The forgotten Nazi history of ‘One pot meal where “Cooking in ‘one pot’ (ein Topf) was supposed to symbolize the Nazi creation of ‘one people’ (ein Volk), the crafting of a delicious casserole by combining diverse ingredients analogous to the uniting of the various native German peoples into a single and self-sustaining whole.” 



I was confused for days debating on what should I learn first?...The pronunciation (the long and difficult words) or the recipes.


And then I stumbled upon #GermanPizza called #flammkeuchen pronounced as flam.cook..in or flame bread. This has the thin crispy crust with cheese as base (unlike tomato salsa that is used in Italian pizza). I used unsalted crackers (instead of pizza base) and coated with the mixture of hung curd and cream cheese . For topping i used caramalized onion (goodness...it took so much time to cook the onions to perfection..had added salt and vinegar too ro give a bit of flavor) added grilled  vegetarian meat and covered with grated gruyere cheese.. baked it for 10 minutes.



Although I reached the venue an hour later.(crazy traffic light and insensitive traffic policeman ).but the pizza remained fresh and was enjoyed even though it was cold.

Our thirst quencher: #BluePine Artesian Water had sent bottles of their alkaline water. Love their glass bottles.
We had several pints of Fuller's London Pride, #londonspride an original ale , smooth , rich and wonderfully balanced. I didn’t have any at the venue but took a bottle of beer for my nephew to taste.



“London Pride is an interesting beer. It has a nice blend of a little bitter yet light and smooth. So its extremely well balanced almost like it was crafted carefully to tickle your flavor like a wine yet the large gulps quite enjoyable.” Says my nephew Rajeev, whom I ask the feedback for tasting this beer.

London Pride is known for its balance of malt and hops, giving rise to a well-rounded flavour. Crystal malts combine with spring-harvested Pale Ale varieties Concerto and Propino, to give Pride its inimitable depth and balance.

A big thanks to Saloni Sameer Malkani and Ananya Banerjee  for creating such a plaform of #WildAsperagusTable where we get an opportunity to explore the cuisine and culture from different parts of the world without a travel ticket or Visa and still learn to understand the different ways of cooking the same common ingredients in diverse ways.



You can read the French Chapter of #WildAsperagusTable HERE


28 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant so well decribed !!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout
out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your blog posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the
same subjects? Thanks a ton!

Anonymous said...

This site was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear, are you actually visiting this web page on a
regular basis, if so afterward you will definitely obtain pleasant experience.

Anonymous said...

Fastidious replies in return of this query with
solid arguments and explaining everything on the topic of that.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I understand this is sort of off-topic
but I needed to ask. Does managing a well-established blog such as yours require a massive amount work?
I'm brand new to blogging however I do write in my diary every day.
I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my experience and views online.
Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers.
Appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The
text in your content seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer.
I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility
but I thought I'd post to let you know.
The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon. Many thanks

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit
more than just your articles? I mean, what
you say is fundamental and all. But imagine if you added some great visuals or videos to give your posts more, "pop"!

Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this site
could undeniably be one of the most beneficial in its field.

Excellent blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one
and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments?
If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Remarkable things here. I'm very happy to peer your article.
Thanks a lot and I'm having a look forward to
contact you. Will you please drop me a mail?

Anonymous said...

Hey there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick
shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your articles.
Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects?

Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

I've learn some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how much effort you place to make this kind of great informative web site.

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need
some help from an established blog. Is it difficult to set up
your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast.
I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to start.
Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Many thanks

Anonymous said...

What's up, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am as well glad to share my
experience here with mates.

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog
posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you
access consistently rapidly.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been following your web site for a long
time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and
give you a shout out from Austin Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

What's up everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit
at this web page, and piece of writing is genuinely fruitful in support of me, keep up posting
these types of articles or reviews.

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was rather informative. I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this information together.

I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting comments.

But so what, it was still worth it!

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this fantastic
blog! I guess for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google
account. I look forward to brand new updates and will
share this blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
I will be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info.

Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

Anonymous said...

I used to be able to find good info from your blog posts.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, constantly i used to check website posts here early in the dawn,
because i enjoy to gain knowledge of more and more.

Anonymous said...

Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this fantastic blog!
I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to new updates and will share
this blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

Anonymous said...

This piece of writing will assist the internet users
for setting up new web site or even a weblog
from start to end.

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing on-line greater than three hours today, but I never discovered any fascinating article like yours.

It is lovely value enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as
you did, the web will be much more helpful than ever before.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how could
i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account aided
me a acceptable deal. I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny
transparent concept

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably imagine that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to
be on the web the easiest factor to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while folks
consider issues that they just don't recognize about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the highest and
outlined out the entire thing without having side-effects , people
can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

p1

Thank you for your appreciation